Recipe of the Week: Sun-Cooked Salsa
Tribal Affiliation : Cherokee
Origin of Recipe : Offered by Offered by Susan Marie Smith-Kennedy …who learned this from a Family recipe
- 2 pounds chopped fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped red or Texas onion
- ½ pound chopped fresh tomatillos (Mexican husk tomato)
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoon(s) Goya Adobo seasoning w/ cumino (has salt)
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
Directions Feel free to adjust ingredients and measurements.
Add or omit according to your personal taste/preference.
Combine all ingredients in a large jar.
Cover the jar lightly with a layer of cheesecloth, secure, and place in a sunny spot for 4 hours.